Thursday

Animal Totem Meditation

I did an Animal Totem Meditation today and was rather shocked. Even though I almost always know what my totem animal is, and when it changes, I will often do totem animal meditations just to see if I learn something new about myself. This time, I did in fact learn a bit about myself, most importantly, maybe, the fact that my totem animal has changed.

Most of the totem animal and animal guide meditations I’ve done involve meeting the animal in a large field, often, I will meet a large grey wolf, it’s been that way for years. So much so that my heart daughter calls me Mama Wolf (and she is Wolf Girl, of course). This time, instead of the usual grey wolf, I met a beautiful Cheetah. This is the first time my totem animal has been a Cheetah, or even a cat of any type, so this is very new to me. I knew very little about cheetah medicine and so I had to go and look it up. From what I read, a lot of Cheetah medicine has to do with things that apply to me in life at the moment. Things like flexibility, swiftness and picking and choosing my battles are all things I have been struggling with as of late. I am very interested to see the effects of this change in my day to day life.

No comments: