… Don’t you think?
Autumn is probably my very favorite season. The colors, the harvests, the weather, the… EVERYTHING, really. One of my favorite bits of the season is the food though, especially the food made with pumpkin. Pumpkin soup, pumpkin bread, pumpkin spice mead, pumpkin pies and cakes, I could live off of pumpkin based foods. In celebration of the season, the weather and al the rest of the amazingness of Autumn, here’s a great recipe for a vegetarian (easily made vegan) pumpkin soup!
1 pumpkin (or one can of pumpkin)
2 cups vegetable stock
1 large onion (you can caramelize the onion for a slightly more complex flavor)
1 cup heavy cream (can use coconut cream)
salt to taste
1. Peel and chop the pumpkin, and the onion.
2. Put into large pot with 1-1/2 cup vegetable stock and 1/2 cup cream (or coconut cream) and the remaining ingredients.
3. Let the ingredients boil until soft. Cloves can be removed at this point, but it is up to you.
4. Blend in a food processor or blender until smooth.
5. If soup needs thinning, add more vegetable stock or water.
6. Serve in a bowl topped with a small amount of cream and a sprinkle of black pepper.